Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Steps on Creating this Sexy, Glamorous Hairstyle

Image Courtesy of Carmen Bright
If you’re a hairstylist that wants to serve your clients, you have to create a hairstyle that really compliments their facial features and their personality.  You have to make their hair come to life. That’s something that celebrity hairstylist/makeup artist Laura Schakosky knows how to do well.

Laura developed for this model what she called a sexy, glamorous hairstyle. Here are her tips in her own words on how she was able to develop this wonderful hairstyle:

      1.     First I sprayed the hair with Shaper Hairspray to dirty the hair up. Then I used a curling iron, wrapping each piece from the base of the hair all the way to the end with a big barrel curling iron

      2.     I then clipped the hair with metal clips, so that the hair could cool down and the heat could set in. Once I did the whole head, I sprayed hairspray again then I did her makeup

      3.     After about 30 minutes of letting it sit, I pulled out the clips and had her shake her head upside down. I ran my fingers at the base of the head and shook the hair. I did not brush the hair because it would pull out the curls

4.     When she flipped her head the hair fell into perfect place. I sprayed any strays so that the camera could not see them
5.     Once she got on set, I made sure that the hair was balanced, sometimes back on one side and sometimes it naturally fell forward. I used Shaper spray as needed which is a great styling spray that doesn't flake


What do you think about this hairstyle? Is it a beautiful, glamorous hairstylist you think you and your clients would love? Either way, you can check out some of Laura’s other hair and make up work on her website www.lauraschakosky.com

No comments:

Post a Comment